The moment we hear about Chicken chilly and chili roast our mouth waters , these two recipes are mangalorians special these were also called as chilly chicken ghee roast. Just the recipe name alone triggered a feeling of eating them when we prepared them then we will make a good feast since food tastes better when it is self cooked. This recipe when served with coriander or mint chutney else with tomato soup will be awesome. Festivals like eid or diwali would not be flet complete untill we have a Non-veg recipe. If you are a regular chicken liker then you can prepare such recipes. Its so simple to make and preparation time is very less. If there are any guest at home then will feel happy upon tasting this dish.
20 minutes required to arrange ingredients to cooking and 20 minutes is the cooking time
Required items:- Total 18
- Chicken – 600 gms (Boneless chopped into smaller pieces)
- Yogurt (curd) – 4 Table spoons
- Ghee – 5 Table spoons
- Ginger Garlic paste – 2 Table spoons
- Turmeric – As per requirement
- Sugar or jaggery – 1 Table spoon
- Onion – 1 piece (chopped into small pieces )
Salt – As per your taste
- Curry leaf – 5 twigs
- Dry Chili – 10 quantities
- cumin – 1/2 Tea spoon
- Fenugreek Seeds (menthulu) – 1/4 Tea spoon
- Coriander seeds – 1 Table spoon
- Fresh coconut – 2 Table spoons (Roasted )
- Aniseed – 1/2 Tea spoon
- Clove – 2 quantities
- cinnamon – 2 quantities
- Lemon juice – 1 Table spoon
- Tamarind Juice – 1/2 Tea Spoon
Preparation Steps :-
- At first place the Pan on the stove and roast all the spices with light flame like that roast red chili too and keep them aside to allow them to cool latter grind them .
- Now marinate the chicken , take a separate bowl and mix chicken and the grinder spicy powder along with yogurt and turmeric and leave to marinate for an hour.
- Take a pan and pour ghee or oil in it and heat the mixture latter add onion pieces and curry leaf and fry them until onion pieces turn there color to brownish.
- After that add the marinated chicken in to that brownish onion pieces and stir it fry the mixture then after some time add 1/4 cup water and cook it. If you want to juicy then cook for a shorter time as per your taste.
- Once the cooking of chicken is completed then add fresh coconut powder and Tamarind paste and jaggery and ghee and cook this in a light flame if you want you can add lemon juice while cooking or u can add after cooking.
- The above mixture should be cooked for 10 minutes.That is it the recipe is completed you will eat when it is served while it hot.
Thanks for reading this article.